Saturday, April 14, 2012

Terrain from spare parts - Part 1.1: Even more fences

In the last part I showed how i made a easy fence out of spare sprues. On my workbench I have even more sprues (really! :) ) so I tried to make another fence. This time I used a bit of styrodur (polystyrol foam) to get a different look.


The steps a very similar as described in the first part. The only difference is that I cut out some blocks from the styrodur and carved in some brickwork.
After that I pressed the sprue sticks into the styrodur to get an anchor in the masonry and did a quick check if everything fits together.

Fast check if everything fits

Then glue everything together and glue it to the base. If the glue is dried, basecoat everything in the appropriate colors. I used some redish brwon for the base, black for the masonry and a dark brown for the wood. If you want you can leave out the basecoat for the base since we will sand it afterwards.

Glued together and basecoated

If everything is dry, just follow the typical steps of sanding and drybrushing everything and apply some static grass. Since I was not happy how the wood turned out I did a manual edge highlighting which gave a much better result this time. In the background you can see the first fence, they are similar in size.

Finished fence with brickwork

Conclusion


The more I do terrain from spare parts the more I like it. With a bit of work you can get some decent results without great costs. Just save the money and invest it in a diner with your wife (or more minis if that suits you better :) ).

So long,
Paradox0n

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you liked this article, please leave a comment. If you even want to support this blog, deactive your adblocker and click on one of the banners. Everything will be refunded for new reviews or tutorials. Thanks!

Related Posts