Saturday, May 19, 2012

Preparing my paint - "Agitatorkugeln"

Hello together,

today is a wonderful day, the sun is shinning, a blue sky and it is pretty warm. And the best of all: I have some spare time! Therefore I planned to get some paint on my marines. So I prepared everything: wet palette, shaking the needed paint pots, got some fresh water and readied my brushes. Then I dropped some elfic flesh on my palette and: AGGRO MODE! Even though I shaked the paint for more than two minutes the pigments were cleary seperated from the medium.
But lucky for you I accept the challenge and took the chance to show you a product I really got to love since I first saw it:
In german it is called "Agitatorkugeln" - plain, rustless steel balls which you can drop into your paintpot:

Agitatorkugeln


I already used one in my "Sunburst Yellow" which is a really horrible color and now used it on the "Elfic Flesh". Et voilà the paint is usable after another good shaking.
The "Agitatorkugel" helps mixing up the paint in the pot by providing an obstacle and a bigger surface while you are shaking the paintpot. Its the same pricinpal like in spraying cans. In my opinion they are a big helper especially with problematic colors like yellow, red or white, which tend to be chalky or seperate themselves easily from their medium

If you can get your hands on some get them! For my Vallejo paints I would never again to do without them.

So long,
Paradox0n

1 comment:

  1. I had seen these a while back, and then when I was looking to actually buy one, well hell if I could find them again! Thanks for the link, and glad that they work as intended. Now to order up about 300 of them for my paint collection ;)

    ReplyDelete

If you liked this article, please leave a comment. If you even want to support this blog, deactive your adblocker and click on one of the banners. Everything will be refunded for new reviews or tutorials. Thanks!

Related Posts