Friday, October 19, 2012

Hobby Magazines - Portal Magazine Issue #27

Hello everyone,

some time ago, I wrote an article about free hobby magazines and online portals. Since then I thought about posting when one of these publish a new issue. And I came to the conclusion that I will give it a try and do a short sum up if I detect a new issue being published.

I will start with the new issue #27 of Portal Magazine:

Portal Magazine Issue #27
  • In The Box checks out the new Warhammer board game Chaos in the old world.
  • View from the Hill has the second part to the Brett Reavis interview.
  • Reviews from Studio 38, Mierce Miniatures, Reaper Miniatures, MDP & Dark Sword Miniatures.
  • Our terrain building series kicks off in earnest.
  • Event reports from Euro Militaire and GW's Games Day.
  • Massive gallery included all the entries from the Hasslefree painting contest.
  • Lots of new releases plus all the news from around the hobby and much more...

Whole bunch of stuff this time. As always many pictures of painted miniatures (mostly in a standard I can only dream of doing it myself) and some miniature reviews and common articles, e.g. about the GW Games Day. I won't go too much into detail but two articles stood out for me:
  • The "In The Box" article gives a good overview of the mentioned board game
  • The terrain buildng article is pretty good and gives some nice tips and tricks for making small dioramas

Feel free and give it a try!

Cheers,
Paradox0n

P.S.: Let's see if automatic publication works...

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you liked this article, please leave a comment. If you even want to support this blog, deactive your adblocker and click on one of the banners. Everything will be refunded for new reviews or tutorials. Thanks!

Related Posts