Friday, August 16, 2013

Review: Ramshackle Games - Dunny & Drill

Ramshackle Games
Today Labschi brought me a small package from Ramshackle Games, some late birthday presents which took some time before they finally arrived in Germany. It contained the "Dunny" and the "Boring Machine". The two pieces were pretty good protected with thick layers of air cushion foil. Therefore everything was undamaged and ready to be prepared and reviewed.
The resin is somewhat heavy (much heavier than I thought) and had a really bad smell on it. On touch you could feel the thin film of abherent which had a somewhat slimy feel on it. But after cleaning it with some dish soap both the slimy feeling and the smell was completely gone.


The Dunny

Ramshackle Games - The Dunny
This apocalyptic toilet hut totally hit my type of humor and I did want it from the first time I saw it. Luckily Labschi has a Paypal account and therefore could order it as part of my gift. The casting seems to be pretty good, on some small spots I had to remove some white stuff from the recesses. This seemed to be some kind of silicone, mybe from the mold? Under the roof the was some minor miscast, but nothing I couldn't fix with a sharp knife and one minute of filing.
I am really looking forward to paint this. Not sure how but we'll see :)

I think for 8GBP this piece is quite OK. Nothing too fancy but it will be a nice addition to my terrain pieces.

The Drill

Ramshackle Games - The Drill
Now to the bigger one, the "Boring Machine". What a monster. This piece is really heavy. If you don't want to use it, you can surely smash someones head with it... As with the Dunny, no big casting issues. Sometimes it is difficult to tell if it is a minor error or if this should be as it is.The drill itself could be a bit sharper, the "blades" are a bit uneven, but for me this is OK. After all it is a drill which moves under ground :)

Again a nice addition to my stuff. I think I will paint it rather neutral so I could use it either as a terrain piece, a Doomwheel (if I ever need a third one) or as a part for my Chaos Dwarves. For 15 GBP this also is quite OK.

Conclusio

Really cool stuff. These are my things from Ramshackle. Too bad they have no creditcard option for ordering. Otherwise I would order some more stuff. But I hate Paypal and will not make an account there.

I think I will load my airbrush now and prime the Dunny :)

So long,
Paradox0n

P.S.: Welcome aboard Gideon. Again one of those blogs who could use some love of more readers. So all please have a look, perhaps you'll find something interesting there.

3 comments:

  1. Great little pieces there. Have seen the boring machine before.. indeed this could fit into a number of armies or just be terrain. So versatile!

    Can't wait to see it all painted up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are already primed. Have to wait until tomorrow until I can continue. Hopefully I find the time for at least the Dunny!

      Delete
  2. Hope you will have fun with it, I am looking forward for the paint jobs (as I suggested: vomit brown and shitty green for the dunny, and no reds on it!). And be sure that I will end future games immediately if I will find some bogeys on the boring machine ;) :D

    ReplyDelete

If you liked this article, please leave a comment. If you even want to support this blog, deactive your adblocker and click on one of the banners. Everything will be refunded for new reviews or tutorials. Thanks!

Related Posts