Monday, January 5, 2015

A kind of review: My 2014

2014 has ended some days ago, I came over those bridge days where I had to work and slowly I am getting in the hobby mood again (besides needing some vacation). Therefore I thought a view back to last year would be something nice to do on the blog and a somehow nice thing to start the hobby season with.

2014 started really slow concerning blogging. My real life kept me from doing anything fancy on the blog. First Papa Nurgle put his arms around me and afterwards I had a pretty tough project on work which kept my complete attention. Lots to learn and test out. But in the end this trouble paid off and we delivered a great product and among others are now listed 2nd place on a pretty relevant listing in our  field after a very very big company (starting from place 5). So lots of happy faces here :)


Throughout the summer we started hiking and thus training for our trip to Norway and most of my spare time was spent with searching for hiking routes, (re)searching our gear and planning the trip. Due to some private circumstances the trip had to go different than planned but after our safe return home I started with blogging again. From this trip I already showed you some pictures and this was also a turning point for me (concerning the blog) because I finally had more time to care about it and the interest in the hobby itself raised steadily again.

I also started with painting again and finally finished the Ramshackle Drill. It still lacks some weathering but that has to wait a bit longer :)  I also began with my Chaos Dwarf hero and did lots of testing with the airbrush and different paint consistencies but nothing to show yet. With my new DSLR I can now make quick shots on the living room table but still have to test it in my photo tent. This was also the time when I wrote my most successful post yet about my way of blogging in my 200st jubilee post. This was also a turning point because I also got listed on BoLS and I started with putting my Blog to Social Networks like Twitter, Facebook and Google+. This kind of marketing slowly pays off with increasing views and I even got some followers out of it.

Things then got more quite on the painting front, but Kickstarter madness than began. First Shadows of Brimstones first wave arrived and then came the Kings of War 2nd Edition Kickstarter where I couldn't resist. With the now upcoming changes in Warhammer Fantasy through End Times and the feeling that we return to Herohammer, I am more than ever likely to switch to KoW in the future.
I also opted in as Big Bruddah in the PBA and looked around for some more inspiration in the blogosphere, so I joined some more blogs and painting communities on the social networks to keep up the great flow of information. I also painted up the first batch of Tentacles from Shadows of Brimstone. And as a nice finish for 2014 I got to play something and did my first ever Warmachine/Hordes game. This got me so hooked up that I directly ordered the 2-player box and wait for that one now (and to paint those models).

So what will I be doing/ am planning to do in 2015?

First and foremost enjoying blogging again. I will push my presence in the Social Media a bit more and most likely will write an article about the more technical aspect of blogging since the first article was such a big success.
Then I will hopefully find a bit more time for playing/painting my stuff. The piles of plastic and white metal get bigger and bigger and I am more a hoarder than a gamer/player now which buggers me a lot.
My plans to do some kind of video experiments are still existent, I tested the setup and that works so far. But to do something like that I would need more spare time. But the hope dies last ;)
Last but NOT least I hope to keep you guys and girls on board and entertain you somehow with the stuff I am writing :)

So to all my followers and readers and commenters:
THANK YOU for being part of this experiment!

And always remember: Sharing is caring and comments are the stuff we bloggers feed on :)

Have a good start into your 2015!


So long,
Paradox0n

4 comments:

  1. Comments are blogger gold! (definitely agree with that!). Glad to see you are reinvigorated with blogging. I know the past year really taught me a lot about it (and to just calm down and take it easy). Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Year to you too. And yes, taking blogging stuff not too seriously is always a good advice. That's why I have no problems with not doing stuff I wanted to do if I am not in the mood to ;)

      Delete
  2. Here's to a great 2015, all the very best.

    ReplyDelete

If you liked this article, please leave a comment. If you even want to support this blog, deactive your adblocker and click on one of the banners. Everything will be refunded for new reviews or tutorials. Thanks!

Related Posts