Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Hordes/Warmachine new MKIII Battle Boxes

As promised I continue to follow the Hype Train and collect more of the rumours and facts about the new edition for Hordes and Warmachine.
One big thing for me are the new Battle Boxes because they always help to draw in new people and normally should also provide older players to get into new editions by providing the rules and stuff for a reasonable price. Most of us will buy the MKIII rulebook nonetheless, but for testing it out those should be perfect.

So lets see what the new boxes will offer us:

  • MSRP $40 for a battle group (1 caster and at least 2 large or 3 medium models)
  • All necessary cards
  • Quick rules
  • A paper battlemap and terrain
  • A paper ruler, dice and tokens

Additional information to these boxes:

  • The caster will be Battle Box only (at least for the first time)
  • The material will be the same PVC as today (although precolored)
  • The paper battlemap is most likely 24x24", which would perfectly fit for introduction games

My impression so far: 

The paper ruler is garbage (it was already in the current box), the battlemap and terrain I don't need (but are nice for beginners). But still I hope that you get more than only this stupid wall, maybe some markers for woods or so.

The rest sounds awesome! If they really will stick to 40$ (which will most likely be 40€ because they always do it 1:1) sounds like a perfect price for a starter box. Also you get a hopefully useful battlegroup. For me the Legion one is somewhat 50:50 because I already have half of the stuff, but maybe I can convert some of the Shredders. For me, at this point, it is a must buy (and maybe I will also get a second faction now).

But now let us check the boxes themself:

Cygnar
Khador
Cryx
Protectorate of Menoth
Retribution of Scyrah
Circle of Orboros
Trollbloods
Legion of Everblight
Skorne

Minions and Mercenaries I didn't find pictures, so I suppose they will not get their own box. Same with the Convergence box. But here I hope they will get one.

So I am still hyped and am looking forward to end of June. Maybe I will even preorder some stuff...


So long,
Paradox0n

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you liked this article, please leave a comment. If you even want to support this blog, deactive your adblocker and click on one of the banners. Everything will be refunded for new reviews or tutorials. Thanks!

Related Posts